To love people by music,
and music by people
A conductor, composer and arranger.
Sebastian Perłowski graduated with honours from the Departments of Opera and Symphonic Conducting in the class of Professor Jan Wincent Hawel and Composition in the class of Assistant Professor Dariusz Janus in the Jazz Institute of the Karol Szymanowski Academy of Music in Katowice. He polished up his skills of the Jarvie Academy and under the tutelage of Jorma Panula, Jin Wang, Adrian Gnam and Yuri Simonov.
- I Prize at the International Competition for Conductors in Atlanta,
- I Prize at the International Competition for Conductors in Cordoba,
- II Prize at the International Conducting Competition at Lisboa,
- II Prize at the Krzysztof Komeda International Composition Competition,
- III Prize at the International Competition for Conductors in Bucharest,
- Special Award at the second International Conducting Competition for Chinese Music in Hong Kong.
He was a semi - finalist at the International Conducting Competition "Lovro von Matačić" in Zagreb too.
Sebastian Perłowski was also nominated by music critics, journalists and the public for the awards "Best Conductor of the Krakow Opera last five years" and for one of the most prestigious - Nestle Salzburg Festival Conducting Award. In 2017 he was credited the title of the Personality of the Year 2017 in Krakow in the Culture category as well as the Personality of the Małopolska Region in the same category.
He has worked with many orchestras in Poland and on the world such Sinfonia Varsovia, HK Philharmonic, NOSPR, Metropolitana de Lisboa, Sevilla Symphony Orchestra, The Hong Kong Chinese Orchestra or The George Enescu Philharmonic Orchestra Bucharest and with worldrenowned soloists such Julius Berger, Jose Cura among others. He has recorded for labels such ECM, Warner Classic, DUX or Kameny. In 2016 he held the position of vice artistic director at Poznań Opera House. At the moment, he is working as an artistic director of Kameny Agency and lecturing composition in the Jazz Institute of the Karol Szymanowski Music Academy in Katowice. He also gives regular classic, jazz and musical concerts in the country and abroad.